Tuesday 12 June 2012

New Booksies (10)



Liar's Game by Kait Gamble





The Ravenous Dead by Natasha Hoar





City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare





City of Glass by Cassandra Clare





Poltergeeks by Sean Cummings





The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Clarke





The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead


From Carina Press on Netgalley: Liar’s Game by Kait Gamble, a SF romance novella and The Ravenous Dead by Natasha Hoar a dark urban fantasy novella.

Bought City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare as my achievement unlocked book and already reviewed it.

…And then I couldn’t contain myself and bought the third book, City of Glass, on credit (so now I have to read another four books, not counting City of Glass, before I can buy more. On the bright side, the read-three-buy-one restriction isn’t going to be enforced while I’m visiting Australia in a couple of weeks so expect to see a PILE OF AUSSIE BOOKS here soon. I’m excited.

Ahem. And then I got two books from Strange Chemistry (the soon-to-be-launched YA imprint of Angry Robot) which I am super excited to read. Poltergeeks by Sean Cummings and The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke. How awesome are the covers? The links go to the blurbs and I have to say, The Assassin’s Curse in particular seems to tick many boxes of awesome (pirates! assassins! hilarious curses!). Here’s hoping they don’t disappoint.

And finally, my pre-order for The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (second Bloodlines book, the series set in the same world as Vampire Academy) dropped just this morning. Yay. (And for the record, pre-orders pre-book buying restrictions don’t count as bought books, also yay.)

On a aesthetic note, I like how my books almost all happened in pairs this week. Symmetry is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.